Gen3 Marketing launched an Amazon Advertising program in 2018 for this household brand.Limited growth in early 2019 had Gen3 seeking new ways to increase efficiencies, growing topline while sustaining/reducing costs.
- Though Amazon has been a strong reseller for the USA brand, certain product categories consistently underperformed on the channel.
- As Gen3 grew, so did the opportunity to reshape strategy and tactics across PPC efforts.
- Focusing solely on categories that both underperformed and were of less focus to the overall baby and juvenile brand’s business, Gen3 set out to prove new concepts worthy of scaling on Amazon.
Gen3 Marketing deployed a new strategy to increase revenue growth that would scale at a rate that exceeds cost growth, in an under-indexing category. This new strategy combines a layered structure and bidding automation, allowing Gen3 to manage and optimize queries in a scalable manner.
- By layering campaigns that target the same product category, Gen3 can scale keyword reach. The nature of the layered structure allowed Gen3 to capture hundreds of thousands of search queries, within the specified budget constraints.
- Layer one is an automated discovery campaign, crawling/scanning product pages, then matching the ads to relevant queries.
- Layers two and three take these findings and apply them to a base set of keywords to test broad match extensions, with the goal of expanding go-forward exact match keyword targets based on performance.
- Gen3 applied these principles to an underperforming product category as a proof of concept.
↑ Pre-test performance
of product category (60 days)
Test performance (60 days) ↓
← Pre-test performance
of product category (60 days)
Test performance (60 days) →
See more case studies
OpportunityA strategy shift among a national children’s brand softened the available discounts used for the previous cadence of offers, which started to drive a YoY affiliate decline. The retailer was faced with promotional constraints which limited the number of...
ChallengeIntense competition in the LLC & Business Formation vertical led our client's top affiliates to consistently demand higher commissions, as competitors sought to lure them with higher rates. Despite our client offering a highly competitive commission rate...
ChallengeA children’s clothing brand was looking to grow and scale their affiliate program at a more efficient rate. A reliance was built on the brands top publishers, with 91% of the demand being driven tied to the top 10 publishers within the program. With having...
Looking for OPM Pros?
Gen3 Marketing is excited to announce the unification of all its acquisitions into a single entity. OPM Pros, AffiliateManager.com, Optimus-pm, and OAK Digital have united with Gen3 Marketing to form the largest independent affiliate agency in the world.
Through this integration, Gen3 Marketing will operate as a unified digital agency with a primary focus on the successful execution of affiliate partnerships and online marketing campaigns.
Now more than ever, our strategy will leverage proprietary data and established relationships to achieve industry-leading results.